McGard’s very long and diverse history begins in 1959 in Buffalo, New York, under the name L.D. McCauley, Inc. Starting out in precision machining for government contracts, the then owner, Mr. Lewis D. McCauley, designed and patented a nut for automobile rim and tire theft prevention. With such a high demand for the new security nuts, L.D. McCauley Inc. left doing government contract work and focused solely on manufacturing wheel locks. When a new packaging and marketing facility became necessary in 1964, McGard Inc. was formed and the building was built. In 1966, McGard’s wheel lock market went international.
Popularity of McGard wheel locks continued to grow through the late 60s and early 70s, and in 1977 they entered the OEM market with locks for Cadillac’s stainless steel wire wheel covers. After seeing their success, Ford Motor Company, General Motors and Chrysler started buying McGard wheel locks and installing them as standard or optional equipment on various models – tripling the size of McGard’s product demand and business.
With an ever-expanding product line and customer demand, McGard moved into a bigger and better facility in Orchard Park, New York in 1990, which was later expanded in 2001 to house all facets of the business under one roof. They’re recognized by vehicle manufacturers and car owners all over the world and are ISO/TS 16949 certified. AutoAnything is proud to bring you McGard products with Free Shipping in the USA and our 1-year, lower price guarantee.