No matter if your vehicle is brand new, new-to-you, or you’ve had it for several years, it’s never too late to protect its front-end from flying road debris, dents or scratches. You don’t need to hide your beautiful car under a black car bra to keep it looking nice – all you need is a good clear bra.
The Benefits of Clear Bras
It might be difficult to discern the differences between a regular leather car bra and an invisible car bra – as well as the different kinds of clear car bras out there. So, we’re going to lay it out for you and help you decide which clear car bra is right for you.
A clear car bra won’t scratch your vehicle’s paint during use or removal like a traditional leather bra will. Dirt and other debris can get wedged between a leather bra and your vehicle’s paint – causing damaging friction. The other major benefit, and perhaps more obvious, is that people won’t know your car has a bra thanks to the invisible, tight and precision-fit of clear-car bras.
Popular Clear Car Bras
Two popular brands of clear bras are Husky Liners and 3M. While they both ultimately serve the same purpose, there are several distinct differences to keep in mind as you make your purchasing decision.
Husky Liners Clear Bras
- Comes pre-cut for a custom-fit to your exact year, make and model
- Includes door guards for extra paint protection
- Comes with everything you need to install at home, saving you money on professional installation
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
3M Clear Bras
- Does not come pre-cut for your vehicle – must be cut by a professional after you purchase
- Must be professionally installed
- Constructed from 3M Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film
- More costly due to production costs and install
Looking Good with Your New Clear Car Bras
Regardless of which brand you choose, your vehicle’s paint will look new and fresh, thanks to the incognito protection of the clear car bra. Of the two, the ease of installation and lower overall cost of the Husky Liners Clear Bras make them the more user-friendly choice.