- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Doug Thorley Headers have been the cream of the performance exhaust crop since 1958
- Custom-made for your vehicle from durable 14-gauge steel tubing for longevity and a precise fit
- Doug Thorley Headers are available for your vehicle in one of three header styles:
- Tri-Y Headers: Doug Thorley Tri-Y Headers feature unique engineering that properly matches your firing sequence, freeing your engine from the strain of pushing exhaust gasses. Provides power from idle through 4500 RPM
- Shortie Headers: The easiest Doug Thorley Headers to install, these custom models are made short to fit limited space vehicles. Special care is taken to preserve emissions mounting positions for smog legality
- Long Tube Headers: For power in the mid to high RPM ranges, Doug Thorley Long Pipe Headers are tuned to deliver. They're the ideal pick for high-horsepower street vehicles
- Doug Thorley Headers utilize a polished nickel chrome finish or a heavy-duty metallic ceramic coating that reduces under hood temperatures
- Because Doug Thorley Headers are made to stringent 50 state smog law standards, all headers are available with the necessary smog equipment and mounting spots
- Doug Thorley Headers include a model-specific gasket for a leak-free fit (most vehicles)
- Each model includes all necessary O2 sensor bosses for factory sensors
- Proudly made in the USA
- Your Doug Thorley Headers carry a Lifetime Warranty for the original owner
It was the late 1950s, during the golden era of hot rods, when Doug Thorley crafted his plans for the highest quality headers on the block. Fine tuning, superior craftsmanship and unmatched attention to detail helped Doug Thorley Headers power street racers everywhere.
Now 50 years later, Doug Thorley Headers are built with the same mission in mind: amping-up the power of your street ride. Thorley Headers use one of three souped-up designs: a unique Tri-Y setup that roars from idle up to 4500 RPM; shortie headers for ease of installation and smog compliance; and long tube headers that specialize in mid to high RPM power.
Because they're setup for the streets, Thorley Headers also feature the hardware and custom flanging to be 50-state smog legal (some shortie applications). Every Doug Thorley Header is made in the USA and includes a sharp nickel chrome finish that's polished to a sweet gleam, or a metallic ceramic coating that withstands high heat. And, your Doug Thorley Headers carry a Lifetime Warranty for the original owner.
Thanks to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act: US Code – Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312, your vehicle’s factory warranty is protected by law when you add aftermarket parts. Details
Doug Thorley Headers Customer Reviews
101 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by william w (Laramie, WY) Reviewed for a 2004 Toyota Tacoma — Jun 05, 2019 8:41 PM
The bolt holes for the flange that mounts to the exhaust were only partially tapped and in poor condition. Calls to Doug Thorley customer service went unanswered and unreturned. I had to get a tap to finish the threading so the bolts could be mounted. Fit to the flange was poor and required copper gasket material in addition to the provided gaskets. Fit to the block was good. Headers look good and the truck runs good. Issue is with the poor QC and lack of customer service.
Reviewed by Johnathan M (Jacksonville, FL) Reviewed for a 2008 Chevy Silverado — Aug 02, 2018 8:16 PM
The bad: the crossover pipe didn't line up correctly on my 2008 Silverado 5.3. The exhaust shop had to cut, bend and splice to get it to work. Mine is lifted (suspension and body), so that may be the reason for it. Also, no gaskets included. The good: everything else is good. These are thick and heavy. The description says ceramic coated and the part # is for the chrome version... they are chrome (nice!). Sound is amazing with Magnaflow Performance series 24" (catless)! Very happy customer!
Reviewed by Christopher S (VAN NUYS, CA) Reviewed for a 2006 Toyota Tacoma — Feb 11, 2018 5:03 PM
Reviewed by Bob B (Tacoma, WA) Reviewed for a 2000 Toyota Tundra — Jan 03, 2018 6:11 PM
I ordered these and they arrived well packaged and quickly. I had a shop put these on for me along with some Magna-flow catalytic converters and a Flowmaster cat-back system, so I cant really comment on how hard they are to put in. I do want to say that they did not come with new exhaust gaskets for either end of the headers. I noticed a definite increase in horsepower and engine response, but I replaced the whole exhaust from the block back. Overall I give em 4 stars (a bit expensive)
Reviewed by Michael L (SAN MARCOS, CA) Reviewed for a 2002 Toyota 4Runner — Sep 08, 2017 8:53 PM