- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Reign in how fast your tailgate drops with the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist
- Custom designed to work in tandem with your factory tailgate hardware
- Maintains the drop rate of your tailgate so it doesn't slam down
- Built tough to withstand constant use and punishing abuse
- Installs in minutes with no drilling required
- All hardware included- Mounts to driver's side of tailgate
- Only one (1) Tailgate Assist required per vehicle
- Dee Zee backs your Tailgate Assist with a 3-year warranty
Whether your pickup is fresh off the dealership lot or a little long in the tooth, its tailgate is likely suffering from an age-old problem: premature opening. You know the symptoms. Every time you pull the handle, it crashes down against your bumper, your fingers or your Weimaraner's skull. To cure what ails your truck, install the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist and never fear a slamming tailgate again.
As simple as it is genius, the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist adds a heavy-duty shock absorber to your stock tailgate hardware. Every time you open up your tailgate, the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist is there to control how fast it drops. And, unlike those flimsy screen-door shock absorbers, Dee Zee uses only premium components that can withstand constant use and abuse.
You and your drill might be best friends, but you won't have to dust it off to install the Dee Zee Tailgate Assist. All mounting hardware is included and completely custom designed to bolt into place and play nice with your stock hardware. There's no need to order two- just one Dee Zee Tailgate Assist mounted on the driver's side is enough to control your wayward tailgate. And, the Dee Zee Tailgate Lift Assist is backed by a 3-year warranty.
- ATTN: State of California Consumers
WARNING: This product can expose you to lead, phthalates, engine exhaust and carbon monoxide, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. (For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov)
- Warranty Submission Procedure: All warranty claims will be initiated at the place of purchase. The original purchaser will be required to present the original sales receipt with purchase date shown and provide photographs of the defect.
In the event the originally purchased product style is no longer available, the product would be returned to the store of purchase for a refund or the applicable cost difference can be paid to choose an alternate style.
Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Customer Reviews
1814 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by James E. H (Briceville, TN) — Apr 21, 2020 4:41 PM
Reviewed by Edmond C (Fairfax, VT) Reviewed for a 2019 Ford F-350 — Apr 21, 2020 3:05 AM
Reviewed by Howard M (Easton, MD) — Apr 14, 2020 8:57 AM
I love this on my truck, no more slamming tailgate if I happen to let go. The only negative thought I have is the included wrench to take the tailgate nut off stripped when I was trying to take the bolt off and I had to go buy another tool I will probably never use again.
Reviewed by Steve I (Billings, MT) Reviewed for a 2012 Ram 3500 — Apr 14, 2020 6:48 AM
Reviewed by Rod E (OMRO, WI) Reviewed for a 2011 Ford F-250 — Apr 08, 2020 5:28 AM
My wife has arthritis in her hands, and having the tail gate "bang" as she opened it wasn't good for her or the truck. This simple device did the trick. Easy to install (took me about 20 minutes)and works great.