- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Defend your tailgate with the Dee Zee Universal Tailgate Mat
- Prevents scratches, dents and damage to your tailgate
- Universal size fits most full-size trucks (trimming may be required)
- Made from high-strength, cord-enhanced NyCord rubber compound
- Extra-thick .375" rubber construction
- Never rusts, cracks or breaks — even in extreme temperatures or environments
- Resists most chemical spills
- Mounting hardware included (drilling required for installation)
- Perfect match for the Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat
- Proudly made in the USA
- Your Dee Zee Universal Tailgate Mat is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty
Your tailgate does a thankless job. So defend it with the Dee Zee Universal Tailgate Mat. Instead of getting scratched, battered, dinged and dented, your tailgate stays in top-notch condition, along with your resale value.
Your Dee Zee tailgate mat is crafted from sturdy .375”-thick NyCord rubber to deflect impact damage and stand up to most chemical spills. It also never rusts, cracks or breaks, even in extreme environments or temperatures. And for complete cargo coverage, pair your Dee Zee tailgate liner with the matching Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat (sold separately).
Universally sized to fit most full-size trucks (minor trimming may be required), the Dee Zee tail gate mat installs in a flash with the included mounting hardware. And best yet, Dee Zee crafts your Universal Tailgate Mat right here in the USA and backs it with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Click here to view installation instructions (PDF)
- ATTN: State of California Consumers
WARNING: This product can expose you to lead, phthalates, engine exhaust and carbon monoxide, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. (For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov)
- Warranty Submission Procedure: All warranty claims will be initiated at the place of purchase. The original purchaser will be required to present the original sales receipt with purchase date shown and provide photographs of the defect.
In the event the originally purchased product style is no longer available, the product would be returned to the store of purchase for a refund or the applicable cost difference can be paid to choose an alternate style.
Dee Zee Universal Tailgate Mat Customer Reviews
54 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Donald D (MANVEL, TX) Reviewed for a 2019 Chevy Colorado — Apr 21, 2020 12:40 AM
From the description I was to believe it was a direct fit for my vehicle, but I had to cut off about 3" from both sides to make it fit. I was very disappointed. After the mod it looked pretty good.
Reviewed by rick q (Rockford, IL) Reviewed for a 1990 Ford Ranger — May 14, 2019 4:45 AM
I ordered a tailgate mat for a 1990 Ford ranger, I was aware that it was a universal mat, but did not think it would be a universal mat for a full sized truck. It is just sitting in the garage, the amount of cutting required to make this fit would leave nothing of the factory edging. I could have found an old used bed mat and cut one out of that and been money ahead. Be VERY CAREFUL when ordering for a compact truck. I have not yet trimmed to fit, hoping I can find another resolution.
Reviewed by Robert K (Winter Park, FL) Reviewed for a 2019 GMC Canyon — Apr 30, 2019 1:28 PM
On my last 2016 Canyon I didn't have a tail gate protector, only the rubber bed liner. It got scratched up in no time. This time I got a tail gate protector to match. To get the right height I got the wider size and had to cut to fit the width. I had to score it several times with a razor knife and straight edge. ( use a new blade ) It trimmed OK on the corners and screwed down well. It is heavy and my tail gate drops down a little faster but still softly. It won't be slippery!
Reviewed by KEVIN H (DAVIS, OK) — Oct 30, 2018 8:50 PM
This is an excellent tailgate mat, very thick(around 3/8in)and heavy(shipping wt.11lbs).It is reinforced with nylon inside the rubber to make strong and it also came with screws to mount it with,looks very nice.I wouldn't hesitate to buy this mat again and would recommend it to anyone.