- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Maximize power and improve acceleration, shifting and drivability with a Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
- Select your vehicle above to see which Max Energy Programmer(s) fits your application
- Choose from 3 different Max Energy Programmers (the versions available to you depend on your application):
- Max Energy Programmer: Suitable for use with regular or premium fuel (as your vehicle permits), the Max Energy helps keeps temperatures low to prevent damage and is custom-tuned for your specific year, make, model and engine to deliver gains in horsepower, torque and MPG
- Max Energy 2.0 Programmer: Compatible with any kind of driving for gas-or diesel-powered vehicles, the Max Energy 2.0 is calibrated by Hypertech’s experts to work with cold air intakes and allow for larger wheels/tires or modified ring and pinion gear sets
- Max Energy Sport Programmer: Specially designed for tuning sport compact vehicles, the Max Energy Sport increases MPGs at light throttle and power at open throttle making it like getting a custom dyno tune – except for the fact that it takes only minutes and costs significantly less
- Easy to update via the internet and allows you to read and clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
- Your Hypertech Max Energy Programmer is protected by a Lifetime Warranty
Turn the highway into your personal raceway – with a Hypertech Max Energy Programmer. It unlocks every ounce of power in your ride to deliver quicker acceleration, smoother shifting and better drivability.
Depending on your application, you have the choice of three different programmers: the Max Energy which can be used with regular or premium fuel (as your vehicle permits) and is custom-tuned for your specific year, make, model and engine to provide gains in horsepower torque and MPG; the Max Energy 2.0 which is compatible with both gas and diesel powered vehicles and specially calibrated to work with cold air intakes in addition to allowing for larger wheels/tires or modified ring and pinion gear sets; and the Max Energy Sport which is tuned for sport compact vehicles to increase MPGs at light throttle and power at open throttle, similar to what you can expect from a custom dyno tune only it takes minutes and costs much less.
The Hypertech Max Energy Tuners can also clear diagnostic trouble codes and updates simply with an internet connection All Hypertech Programmers are backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
- Tuners are a unique electronic device and, therefore, have a unique return process. This process necessitates physical inspection of the unit before a refund can be issued. Why? Because once a tuner is purchased and paired with a vehicle, it can only be used on that specific vehicle. This is called “vin-locking,” and prevents multiple uses of the product on different vehicles without license from the manufacturer. When returning a tuner, the tuner must first program the vehicle back to stock-mode so that it’s no longer locked to that specific vehicle. At this point, the vehicle loses the performance tune. If the tuner is returned while the vehicle still has the tune programmed to it, it will fail inspection as it cannot program another vehicle and is not in resell condition. The return will then be rejected with no return credit issued.
- Features manipulated by this product may vary by application.
- Flex Fuel Vehicles: Fueling with E85 isn’t recommended in conjunction with your Hypertech unit. Burning E85 reduces efficiency and power compared to using gas, which nullifies the effect of Hypertech’s programming.
- Software Compatibility: The Hypertech Max Energy Programmer is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows XP. However, it won’t work with Macs.
Thanks to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act: US Code – Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312, your vehicle’s factory warranty is protected by law when you add aftermarket parts. Details
Hypertech Max Energy Programmer Customer Reviews
1431 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Brian M (SCOTTSDALE, AZ) Reviewed for a 2017 Ford Explorer — Jun 30, 2018 9:53 AM
I have a 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum. Off the showroom floor it has 365 HP. I purchased this programmer from Hypertech and programmed to sport mode with premium fuel. It now runs like a Ferrari. Best $400.00 I have ever spent! You need to buy this and I will personally refund your money if you are not happy with the change in performance.
Reviewed by Randy B (Santaquin, UT) Reviewed for a 2018 GMC Sierra — Jun 27, 2018 12:14 AM
Max energy works great on my 2018 6.2 GMC. Very noticeable difference. And really like that I can turn off the fuel Management system!
Reviewed by douglas f (IRMO, SC) Reviewed for a 2018 Chevy Silverado — May 10, 2018 7:37 AM
This is my third Hypertech, 2010 Silverado, 2010 Camaro & now a 2018 Silverado. I have found these programmers easy to use and quite effective. They offer quite a few options for programming your vehicle to your specific needs. My latest purchase provides the most amount of features to date. I would highly recommend this product if you want to maximize your vehicle's performance, maximize your fuel efficiency and get a solid shift out of your transmission. Hypertech customer service is helpful.
Reviewed by smith, t (lawrenceville, GA) Reviewed for a 2004 GMC Sierra — Apr 22, 2018 10:19 AM
This is a great programmer to have, especially for wheel size changes.