- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Maximize power and improve acceleration, shifting and drivability with a Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
- Select your vehicle above to see which Max Energy Programmer(s) fits your application
- Choose from 3 different Max Energy Programmers (the versions available to you depend on your application):
- Max Energy Programmer: Suitable for use with regular or premium fuel (as your vehicle permits), the Max Energy helps keeps temperatures low to prevent damage and is custom-tuned for your specific year, make, model and engine to deliver gains in horsepower, torque and MPG
- Max Energy 2.0 Programmer: Compatible with any kind of driving for gas-or diesel-powered vehicles, the Max Energy 2.0 is calibrated by Hypertech’s experts to work with cold air intakes and allow for larger wheels/tires or modified ring and pinion gear sets
- Max Energy Sport Programmer: Specially designed for tuning sport compact vehicles, the Max Energy Sport increases MPGs at light throttle and power at open throttle making it like getting a custom dyno tune – except for the fact that it takes only minutes and costs significantly less
- Easy to update via the internet and allows you to read and clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
- Your Hypertech Max Energy Programmer is protected by a Lifetime Warranty
Turn the highway into your personal raceway – with a Hypertech Max Energy Programmer. It unlocks every ounce of power in your ride to deliver quicker acceleration, smoother shifting and better drivability.
Depending on your application, you have the choice of three different programmers: the Max Energy which can be used with regular or premium fuel (as your vehicle permits) and is custom-tuned for your specific year, make, model and engine to provide gains in horsepower torque and MPG; the Max Energy 2.0 which is compatible with both gas and diesel powered vehicles and specially calibrated to work with cold air intakes in addition to allowing for larger wheels/tires or modified ring and pinion gear sets; and the Max Energy Sport which is tuned for sport compact vehicles to increase MPGs at light throttle and power at open throttle, similar to what you can expect from a custom dyno tune only it takes minutes and costs much less.
The Hypertech Max Energy Tuners can also clear diagnostic trouble codes and updates simply with an internet connection All Hypertech Programmers are backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
- Tuners are a unique electronic device and, therefore, have a unique return process. This process necessitates physical inspection of the unit before a refund can be issued. Why? Because once a tuner is purchased and paired with a vehicle, it can only be used on that specific vehicle. This is called “vin-locking,” and prevents multiple uses of the product on different vehicles without license from the manufacturer. When returning a tuner, the tuner must first program the vehicle back to stock-mode so that it’s no longer locked to that specific vehicle. At this point, the vehicle loses the performance tune. If the tuner is returned while the vehicle still has the tune programmed to it, it will fail inspection as it cannot program another vehicle and is not in resell condition. The return will then be rejected with no return credit issued.
- ATTN: State of California Consumers
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm (www.p65warnings.ca.gov)
- Features manipulated by this product may vary by application.
- Flex Fuel Vehicles: Fueling with E85 isn’t recommended in conjunction with your Hypertech unit. Burning E85 reduces efficiency and power compared to using gas, which nullifies the effect of Hypertech’s programming.
Thanks to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act: US Code – Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312, your vehicle’s factory warranty is protected by law when you add aftermarket parts. Details
Hypertech Max Energy Programmer Customer Reviews
1461 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by R. F (Kingston, WA) Reviewed for a 2007 Lincoln MKZ — Mar 02, 2020 8:56 PM
AutoAnything is not to blame here. My complaint is with Hypertech! When they say 'May need reprogramming' it means your programmer will likely not work until you do so! This requires a download from Hypertech's website, which also does not work! The anti-virus on 4 different computers would not allow the download needed for this! I had to return the unit to Hypertech for reprogramming. I have spent a lot of time dealing with this situation, and it's totally unacceptable!
Reviewed by Manuel S (GREENBRAE, CA) Reviewed for a 2010 Ford Crown Victoria — Feb 03, 2020 8:10 PM
Helps if you want to change top speed,fan initiation temperature points, automatic trans shift points and shift hardness, rev limiter, tune for better performance, or eco, you can honestly feel the difference, tire size and axle ratio can be swapped and the tuner will keep it running right, does not help for cold air intake as far as I know priced a bit high but good overall quality and performance get it make sure you have Windows u will need to update your model
Reviewed by Dave P (Rochester, NY) Reviewed for a 2018 Ford F-150 — Jul 18, 2019 8:54 AM
I installed this tuner on my 2018 F-150 with the 2.7L Eco-boost. I have created 2 programs I can switch between. I have a conservative program for everyday driving using 87 octane and a more aggressive program for 93+ octane for ultimate performance. I have had very little experience with the aggressive program so far but the everyday tune is noticeably better than stock.
Reviewed by Jeff M (Eliot, ME) Reviewed for a 2014 Chevy Silverado — Jun 02, 2019 5:38 AM
Not a manual of how to hook it up and use but one for what each of the setting for especially the transmission do. there are so many and nothing says what it changes or does. track, performance, street, sport. ect...
Reviewed by Rolf B (Maple Shade, NJ) Reviewed for a 2013 Chevy Silverado — May 07, 2019 2:54 PM
While this tuner is easy to use once you download the proper software/drivers to your pc. The process of getting the proper software/drivers was a pain in the butt. Why the tuner wouldn't be able to use the most up to date software is beyond me. Maybe it was the software developers issue. Anyway, once the unit was updated it was pretty straight forward to make any adjustments you want. Took about 10 minutes once I decided on the details of the tuning. Haven't noticed any fuel economy gains yet.