You finally have the street machine you’ve always wanted, and you can’t get enough of it. You may have already given it a few touch-ups here and there, like a custom hood or a smooth wiper cowl. But, there seems to be something missing. It’s not enough that your car is fast, but you want it to look fast too. No problem, we totally understand. And, that’s why we suggest you set your ride up with a racy rear spoiler. Custom crafted for your specific vehicle, all of our rear spoilers boast a factory-like fit. Plus, they can even be paint-matched to your car’s finish. So, what are you waiting for?
Installing a Spoiler is Easy
If you’re still hesitant because you think the installation will be too difficult and time consuming, let us put those worries to rest. Installing a spoiler is a relatively easy upgrade you can complete yourself, in your own driveway.
Check out these easy guidelines on how to do so. While instructions may vary by spoiler and vehicle, these basic steps allow you to see just how simple the job is.
Rear Spoiler Installation Steps
- Open your trunk and look under the door. Remove the hard fabric board to expose the framework of the trunk door.
- Use the two plastic alignment tabs to tape the spoiler in place with the centering hole inside each fastener opening. This will allow you to center the spoiler and tape it in place to place the drill hole correctly. Once in place, turn the spoiler over and center its position on the trunk door in its mounting position. Then, once it’s centered, tap the alignment tabs down to the trunk door.
- Pull the spoiler away from the trunk door, leaving the alignment tabs stuck to the trunk. Use a punch to push through the alignment tabs and mark the trunk’s surface.
- Remove the tabs and drill a hole that will average ¼ inch. Drill both punch marks through the trunk door.
- Use a screwdriver to screw the fasteners into the spoiler. Tighten all screws tightly.
- Replace the inside deck lid cover, close your trunk door, and enjoy your ride’s new style.