Riding with the top down on a warm, summer day may sound appealing, but the loud wind noise and windblown hair that often results can be a hassle to deal with. With our must-have convertible wind deflectors, you can cruise with your convertible’s top down and enjoy the drive without worrying about those powerful gusts. AutoAnything features the best convertible wind deflectorsfrom top-notch industry brands that are easy to install and boast fabrication from best-in-class materials. We even offer convertible wind deflectors for specific vehicles, so whether you’re looking for a BMW convertible wind deflector or a Mustang convertible wind deflector, you’re sure to find everything you need from our unbeatable selection.
What is a Convertible Wind Deflector & How Does it Work?
A convertible wind deflector is a windscreen that you attach behind the driver’s seat to prevent turbulence when you drive with the top down. When you attach a convertible wind deflector to your ride, more of the wind is diverted over the back of your vehicle, instead of blowing through your cabin. Windscreens are often made from acrylic or lexan, boasting durable and high-quality construction that’s guaranteed to last.
When you drive with the top down, a low-pressure area forms inside your cockpit, while high air pressure remains outside. This air pressure difference then equalizes, causing your hair to blow forward (not backward) whenever you ride with the top down. Convertible windscreens disrupt this pattern by preventing the movement of high-pressure air outside your cockpit from moving forward.
Benefits of Owning a Convertible Wind Screen
There are many advantages of owning a convertible wind deflector. Many convertible owners invest in these affordable accessories for the following reasons:
- A quieter cockpit without wind buffeting
- Easily hear the stereo: Wind deflectors guarantee unmuffled sound from the rear speakers and their design allows you to still enjoy the full sound of your favorite tunes without all that annoying wind noise
- Arrive to your next destination without feeling beat up: You never have to worry about hair flying around during your commute ever again
- Enhanced conversations: Talk on your phone or to other passengers without fighting to be heard above the wind noise
- Comfortable interior temperatures: You can cruise with the top down without freezing from cold drafts
- Drive with your convertible’s top down for longer periods of time: With convertible wind deflectors, you can drive with the top down even on cold, winter days
- Easy installation: Our lightweight convertible wind deflectors install with no changes to your cockpit, and set-up is hassle-free without any drilling required. These wind deflectors are also easy to clean using soap and water