Popular Tonneau Covers
Tonneau covers don’t come cheap. And, while we’re firm believers that they’re worth every penny, you definitely want to make sure to get the most bang for your buck. That not only means choosing a high-quality tonneau cover that’s made to last, but also following these proper tonneau cover maintenance tips.
What’s the Best Brand of Tonneau Covers?
In order to get a long-lasting tonneau cover that can withstand the elements and still provide solid truck bed protection, choose one made by a name you can trust. For instance, Extang and Undercover make some of the most popular hard tonneau covers on the market. Built from durable materials, hard tonneau covers often outlast and cost less to maintain than soft tonneau covers. Truxedo and Lund tonneau covers, however, are well-known for designing some of the longest-lasting soft tonneau covers.
To help you make your buying decision, we offer a large selection of tonneau cover reviews on our website. Compare popular brands and styles, like the Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover or the Truck Covers USA retractable tonneau. You can also read vehicle-specific reviews to find out which Toyota Tacoma-specific bed cover provides the most durable protection.
The Top 5 Tonneau Cover Maintenance Tips
Once you decide which tonneau cover to go with, you’ll want to make sure you know how to give your cover the best truck cover maintenance to ensure your tonneau lasts. When done regularly, maintaining your tonneau should be easy and inexpensive. Plus, it will save you money in the long run.
- Regularly examine your tonneau cover for any nicks, bumps, dings, debris, looseness, corrosion or anything else that seems out of the ordinary.
- Make sure all clamps, bolts and mounting hardware are securely in place. Loose mounting hardware can be disastrous to tonneau covers.
- Double-check the rails to ensure the cover slides open and closes smoothly. If it doesn’t, adding lubricant prevents the tonneau from sticking to the rails.
- Use water and mild soap to keep your tonneau cover clean. The soap is easy on the truck and won’t harm your cover. If you have a vinyl cover, use vinyl cleaner to keep it looking new and working properly. Use soft cotton cloths or sponges to dry the cover.
- Never leave heavy gear on your tonneau cover for extended periods of time as it can cause sagging and damage. If you need to stack equipment on top, consult your owner’s manual for weight ratings and distribute it as evenly as possible.