- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Reach the rapids with your boat safely stored by adding the Rhino-Rack J-Style Kayak Carrier to your rooftop
- Its ingenious universal mounting system lets you fit the carrier to nearly all factory and aftermarket crossbars
- Comes with a pair of J-style cradles that hold the widest range of hull shapes and sizes
- Each cradle is made from steel tubing with soft padding and an element-blocking coating
- Four tie-down straps let you secure your kayak to the cradles and to your front and rear bumper for maximum stability (two 10’ kayak straps, two 18’ tie-down straps)
- All mounting hardware is made from rust-safe stainless steel
- Choose between a folding or a fixed carrier
- Transform your folding-style carrier into a dual-kayak hauler with the carrier extension (optional accessory – sold separately)
- Your Rhino Rack J-Style Kayak Carrier is covered by a 2-year warranty
Conquering the Kern River rapids in your kayak gives you serious bragging rights with your buddies. Losing your boat on the drive home, though, will brand you a bonehead for life. Protect your vessel-and your rep-with the Rhino-Rack J-Style Kayak Carrier.
Secure, stable and simple are the defining traits of your Rhino-Rack Kayak J Rack. It comes with a pair of ultra-secure, padded carrier cradles that hold a wide range of hull sizes and shapes. Once it's parked in the cradles, your boat is lashed down with the four included straps for maximum stability. And, the cradles are simple to install to almost any crossbars-factory bars, Rhino-Rack bars or other aftermarket roof racks.
Not only do Rhino J-Style Kayak Racks deliver a powerful grip, but they're also engineered to outlast the elements. The cradles are constructed from sturdy steel tubing with an anti-corrosive coating, and all the hardware is made from rust-safe stainless steel. Plus, Rhino-Rack backs your kayak J rack with a 2-year warranty.
- PLEASE NOTE: We are not able to ship any Rhino Rack products to Canada.
Rhino-Rack J-Style Kayak Carrier Customer Reviews
14 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by slawomir l (PLAINFIELD, IL) Reviewed for a 2016 Honda Odyssey — Jul 05, 2019 8:45 AM
I'm using them carry two kayaks one is 12ft long and 62 pound second is 13.6 long and 72 pounds.works great,one thing only i dont like there is a little play allong shaft.
Reviewed by Paul C (STUART, FL) — Mar 14, 2018 9:10 AM
It is not intuitive as to how to lock in the pieces that cover the top bolts. If you pull from underneath with needle nose pliers they pop right in, the need to snap in place to be secure
Reviewed by Mihai N (Westminster, CO) — Oct 13, 2017 4:16 PM
The bolts used to connect the rack to the car's rack started to rust after one summer use. Presumably the are supposed to be made out of stainless still. I wish the rack had a lock so it would lock the the car's rack. The foam cover of the bottom portion of the rack has already split in a couple of places requiring duct taping.
Reviewed by Woody F (GLADSTONE, MO) — Aug 26, 2017 5:33 AM
Reviewed by Bruce R (Harper Woods, MI) Reviewed for a 2008 Ford F-150 — May 30, 2017 1:39 PM