- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Ships Between 12/10 - 12/12
There are no customer reviews for this product
Get it for the Holidays!
U.S. shipments only. Excludes AK and HI.
- Roll high and dry with the ROLA Platypus Expandable Roof Top Cargo Bag
- Patent-pending design expands from 10 to 15 cu ft of storage space
- Measures 39" x 33" x 14" and opens to 49" x 33" x 18"
- Weather-resistant outer shell keeps the elements at bay and keeps your gear dry
- Unique cinching system conforms to your cargo for safe and secure travels
- Sporty style and color looks great up on your roof
- After your trip, simply remove the Platypus and store for safe keeping
- Includes easy-to-follow install instructions (download here) (PDF)
- Your ROLA Platypus Expandable Roof Top Cargo Bag is backed by a 5-year warranty
With its duck bill, beaver tail and otter feet, the egg-laying platypus is designed to handle just about anything it encounters. Likewise, with its expandable shell, unique cinching system and water-resistant skin, the ROLA Platypus Expandable Roof Top Cargo Bag is designed to handle anything you can load in it.
Expandable from 10 to 15 cu ft, this car top luggage carrier can shoulder most any sized load. It features a unique cinching system that pulls tight, conforming the bag to the cargo inside. That way, your stuff stays secure and never shifts no matter how twisty, windy or bumpy the road trip gets.
Just like its web-footed namesake, the ROLA Platypus roof top luggage carrier can also handle wet weather. The water-resistant material keeps rain and fog at bay, letting your cargo ride high and dry (for extreme wet weather, ROLA recommends packing cargo in waterproof bags). And even better, ROLA backs your Platypus Expandable Roof Top Cargo Bag with a 5-year warranty.
ROLA Platypus Expandable Roof Top Cargo Bag Customer Reviews
3 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Eugene B (Oxnard, CA) Reviewed for a 2011 Ford Transit Connect — Sep 02, 2015 3:28 PM
The ROLA cargo bag fits in my Curt rooftop basket, but the side rails make it very difficult to operate the zippers. The bungi cord tightening the top flaps on the bag failed on the first use. Otherwise, the bag seems to be well made.
Reviewed by donald b (Edmond, OK) Reviewed for a 2015 Subaru Forester — Aug 18, 2015 2:22 PM
Reviewed by Ross P (UNION, NJ) Reviewed for a 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette — Sep 05, 2013 5:00 AM
Drove from NJ to Toronto Canada this past labor day weekend and this roof cargo fits like a glove on the top of my mini-van. It gives us enough room to bring with us large cooler for drinks and snacks at the back of the van. This thing will free up space at the back and give you unobstructed view from rear view mirror for safer driving.