- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Yakima ShowDown Load-Assists make loading and unloading heavy boats and boards easy as pie
- Mount tilts down 2 ft+ from your roof rack and can safely cradle up to 45% of your payload’s weight
- Weighs only 21 lbs but can support up to 80 lbs – surfboards, SUPs, kayaks and more are fit for transport
- Universal mounting hardware suits most roof racks on the market
- Lightweight materials don’t take up too much space up top
- Felt-covered cradles flex to conform to boat hulls
- Remove safety pins and pull on handles to lower your watercraft down the side of your vehicle to waist-level
- When not in use, folds down flat to reduce drag and wind-noise
- Locks to base rack with SKS Lock Cores (sold separately) for extra security
- Includes tie-down straps
- Some assembly required – no more than 10 minutes required for installation
- Dimensions measure 42”L x 9”W x 9”H
- Your Yakima ShowDown Water Carrier Load-Assist Mount is supported by a limited warranty
Loading your boat for a weekend on the water is half the battle, but once you’ve done that and arrived safely at the launch site, the Yakima ShowDown Water Carrier Load-Assist Mount makes the last leg of this journey easy as 1-2-3. Designed to mount to your existing roof racks with universal hardware, it features safety pins with lanyard rings that need to be released, and handles that need to be pulled to lower your boat down the side of your vehicle to about waist-height. This makes it easy to wrangle the load off the rack and start the fun.
Taking up minimal roof space, the Yakima ShowDown Load-Assist tilts down 26” and provides 30-45% weight-assistance, depending on the width of your kayak or SUP. Weighing only 21 lbs, it can carry up to 80 lbs – equivalent to one large kayak or two boards. Felt-wrapped cradles flex to match the shape of your hull, and tie-down straps offer peace of mind. When you’re not using it, just fold this baby down flat to eliminate wind-resistance.
Some assembly is required but the installation shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes. You can upgrade with SKS Lock Cores to lock the loader to the base rack, but those are sold separately. Your Yakima ShowDown Boat Loader is backed by a limited warranty.