- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Hatch Clearance Information (PDF)
- Haul your cargo with top-notch security and aerodynamic performance with a Yakima SkyBox Cargo Box
- Cast from tough, 80% recycled carbonite materials with a design made to minimize drag and wind noise
- Each Yakima Skybox Roof Cargo Box fits to Yakima round, square, aerodynamic and factory bars
- Features dual-sided opening for immediate access on either side of your vehicle
- Stores gear for up to 3 campers, fitting snowboards and skis up to 6”
- Quick-release mounting hardware included – no tools required for install
- Patented SuperLatch security ensures the security of both your box and valuables
- Your Yakima SkyBox Rooftop Cargo Box is available in a variety of sizes and backed by a Lifetime Warranty
When you’re making a cross-country trek with your family, the last thing you want to worry about is your gear flying off. Say “goodbye” to bulky standard cargo boxes and “hello” to the Yakima SkyBox Cargo Box. The streamlined, aerodynamic design of this 80% recycled cargo box gives it the ultimate advantage, saving you money at the pump without sacrificing cargo space.
Each Yakima SkyBox Cargo Box features internal lid stiffeners to add durability with easy opening and closing, along with double-sided access to open the cargo box from either side of your ride. Installation is a breeze with all of the quick-release mounting hardware included and no tools required. Additionally, each SkyBox fits to Yakima round, square, aerodynamic or factory bars for impeccable versatility among aftermarket and factory settings. The patented SuperLatch security system on each cargo box provides maximum protection for your valuables and can be found on all sizes of the Yakima SkyBox Cargo Box, ranging from 12-21 cubic feet. Crossbar spread recommendation is between 24” and 36”. Your Yakima SkyBox Cargo Box is covered by a Limited Structural Lifetime Warranty.
Yakima SkyBox Cargo Box Customer Reviews
4 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by John K (Constantia, NY) Reviewed for a 2016 Subaru Outback — May 31, 2018 1:15 PM
Replaced older smaller Yakima roof box with this Skybox 18 and greatly appreciated dual side opening which makes installation a breeze. Also loading is much easier and simple.
Reviewed by Jason K (COTTAGE GROVE, MN) Reviewed for a 2015 Infiniti QX60 — Apr 13, 2018 10:00 AM
I really love the low-profile look of this box. It looks very sleek and I'm sure it will serve its purpose well. The issue comes with how thin the plastic is. I have this mounted on my 2015 Infiniti QX 60. The roof rails are not adjustable on my vehicle, and I have the box set as far back as it can go. The front of the box wobbles quite a bit while driving, it also makes a lot of noise. I have not loaded full of gear yet, So perhaps the box will move a lot less when it is loaded.
Reviewed by Jed C D (Ferndale, WA) Reviewed for a 2007 Honda Pilot — Sep 05, 2017 9:05 PM
Tested it out over North cascade pass. Put 4 sleeping bags, 4 life jackets, 2 soccer balls and 2 not inflated float tubs. My Honda Pilot drove the same as if it wasn't even there. Only problem I have had with this box is finding a place to store it in my garage!
Reviewed by Ben M (Chico, CA) Reviewed for a 2017 Subaru Forester — Jul 10, 2017 8:19 PM