- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Better your spring rate and stability with Hellwig EZ Level Helper Springs
- The biggest load-bearing bang for your buck
- Low-cost alternative to expensive and hard-to-install air bags
- Easily adjust the U-bolts for even and uneven side-to-side loads
- Up to 2000 lb level-load capacity depending on spring model
- Two-in-one action delivers increased spring rate and added stability
- Crafted from heat-treated ASTM 5150 alloy spring steel
- Coated with a durable hammer-tone powder coat finish
- Includes spring pack, heavy-duty hardware and installation instructions
- Mounts easily with common hand tools
- 100% American made and family owned for over 65 years
- Your Hellwig Hellwig EZ Level Helper Springs are backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Choosing a set of helper springs can be a lot like Goldilocks and the 3 bears. Some springs are just too stiff. Some springs are just too soft. And, Hellwig EZ Level Helper Springs are just right. Easier to install and costing much less than airbags, Hellwig medium helper springs deliver up to a mid-range 2000 lb level-load capacity (depending on model) that won't overload your ride or your wallet.
Made from Hellwig's supple heat-treated ASTM 5150 alloy spring steel, Hellwig EZ Level 1000 overload springs deliver maximum stability and ultimate control over medium- to large-sized loads. The progressive design delivers a factory smooth ride when unloaded, and the adjustable U-bolts let you adjust the ride to your specific load—including uneven side-to-side loads.
Like all Hellwig springs, your Hellwig EZ990 helper springs are coated with a protective hammer-tone powder coat finish. The kit includes spring pack, U-bolts, hardware and instructions. The patented design mounts under your factory U-bolt plates for easy installation with common hand tools. And, Hellwig is 100% American made and family owned for over 65 years, which means they cover your EZ Level Helper Springs with a Lifetime Warranty.
- Never load vehicle beyond the manufacturer’s maximum GVW (gross vehicle weight) rating
- ATTN: State of California Consumers
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. (For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov)
Hellwig EZ Level Helper Springs Customer Reviews
42 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Mark I (ENUMCLAW, WA) Reviewed for a 2012 Chevy Colorado — Feb 09, 2018 9:59 AM
As all Colorado owners know; these trucks do not come from the factory to haul 1,000 lbs of firewood. This easy to install kit is exactly what is needed to transform the vehicle into a true "working truck". Pair these springs up to some quality rear shocks and you will have yourself a hauling machine.
Reviewed by Randall S (PRAIRIEVILLE, LA) Reviewed for a 2012 Toyota Tacoma — Feb 05, 2018 3:09 AM
My Tacoma needed a little extra support for trailering my boat. Without the helper springs when hitched to the trailer I had about a 2.5" drop from the tounge weight. Adding the Model 981 springs resulted in about 1.5 inch lift at the bumper, and redueced the drop when hitched to less than a 1". These also gave a firmer ride when no load, and less sway. VERY Pleased with the results. Installation took about 45 minutes.
Reviewed by Floyd S (Conroe, TX) Reviewed for a 2008 Ford F-150 — Sep 19, 2017 8:50 AM
Reviewed by Brandon S (NEW LONDON, WI) Reviewed for a 2015 Chevy Silverado — Sep 15, 2017 9:59 PM
Reviewed by Brett B (Huntington, TX) Reviewed for a 2016 Toyota Tacoma — Sep 15, 2017 9:12 PM
I recently installed the Hellwig 980 on my 2016 Toyota Tacoma, as the rear suspension needed a little extra support from the added weight of a camper shell. The 980's completely solved my issue of bottoming out on large bumps and firmed up my ride. The rear end no longer feels saggy. I was surprised by how well the truck still rides. It rides like it did prior to the addition of a camper shell. I highly recommend the Hellwig 980!