- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Click here for Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Which BAKFlip Tonneau is best for me? (PDF)
- Premium-density foam core is 1.5x thicker than in the standard BAKFlip G2 Tonneau and supports up to 400 lbs of evenly distributed weight
- Matte black finish offers the highest level of UV-resistance
- Special instructions are included for the most watertight fit on the market
- 3rd brake light remains visible when cover is propped open
- No-profile panels fold up in seconds, allowing quick, full bed access
- Sturdy prop rods allow you to drive at highway speeds with the cover open
- An integrated buckle system secures the cover in the folded position for 5th wheel towing or partial bed protection with no bungees or additional straps
- Compatibility with most bed extenders, under-the-rail bed liners, under-the-rail toolboxes, bed rails, and truck racks
- Tailored to your truck bed (shorter sizes feature 3 flip panels, while extended beds boast 4 panels for complete coverage)
- No-drill installation takes 30 - 45 minutes and requires only a few basic tools
- The Bak MX4 features an industry leading 5 year warranty
- New design updates as of 10/7/2019: Matte finished cab corner caps, rail-end caps, clamps, and elevator bolts for an even more refined look and feel
Whether you’re transporting a load of furniture to a new house or want to keep your gear out of the weather and away from prying eyes, your stuff deserves the ultimate in open-road protection – the BAK BAKFlip MX4 Folding Tonneau Cover, of course.
Up or down, the BAKFlip MX4 tonneau cover offers full truck bed access thanks to an integrated tailgate seal and long-lasting latch housing components. The truck bed cover has sturdy prop rods on each side, you can even drive at normal highway speeds with the cover fully open. With everything secured by the integrated buckle system, everything will stay in place, and traffic behind you will still have full visibility of your third brake light.
The MX4 sits flush with your bed rails when closed, giving your truck a clean OEM look and feel. Manufactured from heavy-duty aluminum panels – with panel skins 1.5x thicker than the BAKFlip G2 – this tri-fold tonneau cover combines functionality, durability and rugged good looks. And we haven’t even mentioned the dense foam core yet. Well, now we have. Finally, a UV- and scratch-resistant matte black finish and low-profile fit make for a super sharp look from any angle.
But perhaps the most impressive feature of the BAKFlip MX4 folding tonneau cover is the maximum weight rating of 400 lbs! So, you don’t worry about it caving in any time soon. And the manufacturer-backed 5-year warranty will give you peace of mind should any other mishaps happen.
You’ll be happy to know that your new BAK BAKFlip Folding Tonneau Cover doesn’t require any drilling and can be fitted to your truck with a factory-installed look in 30-45 minutes. Plus, you’re still covered by the AutoAnything return/exchange policy and our lowest price guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions
- ATTN: State of California Consumers
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm (www.p65warnings.ca.gov)
BAK BAKFlip MX4 Folding Tonneau Cover Customer Reviews
544 Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Antonio M (JACKSONVILLE, FL) Reviewed for a 2020 Ram 1500 — Apr 25, 2020 5:12 PM
Reviewed by Dan R (Anoka, MN) Reviewed for a 2019 Chevy Silverado — Apr 22, 2020 6:43 AM
If you've ever owned soft covers you'll really appreciate the security, quality and versatility of the BAKFlip. Since it's so secure you can now store expensive tools, tow straps and hitches in the bed dead space instead of rattling around in the cab. I also like that it's completely silent, doesn't flap around at highway speeds like soft tonneau's. Since it can support 400 lbs snow loads aren't an issue either.
Reviewed by Frank T (Irvine, CA) Reviewed for a 2020 Toyota Tacoma — Apr 09, 2020 4:41 PM
It is well built and surprising easy to install - if you follow the YouTube instructions. The leaflet that come with it leaves a lot to be desired. It does leak a little on the sides, but I wasn't expecting 100% water tight. Security is a big plus. The only way to really get in is with a big crowbar and with a lot of difficulty.